Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Melt in your mouth brownies by Mrs Karla Stephens :)

So I admit, I "borrowed" this recipe from one of my good friends Karla. She has her own blog on here, and is actually another one of the many inspirations to why I started my own. If you're looking for some amazing recipes, and want to see the most adorable All American Family, definitely read her blog. She is extremely talented, and I love reading about her family and trying her recipes. And I would challenge anyone to find a child that is more adorable than her two precious girls. So on to the recipe, and I would post pictures, but I haven't gotten around to uploading any yet. The first recipe is the one that she does, and the second part will be my modifications, so try either one. The second one I will warn you is a lot more fattening....

What you will need:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs *3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 bag of chocolate chips (to taste - I used about 1/2 a bag - for the original recipe)
*Fudge frosting

*for the modified version

Directions:

Melt butter.
Stir in sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat in cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder.
Stir in chocolate chips
Spread into pre-greased pan. (I used a 9x13 glass, but if you want nice thick brownies you should use a 9x9)
Bake about 30-35 minutes at 350, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.



So those are the Original, and trust me, as she calls them, they are Melt in your Mouth (SERIOUSLY) brownies. But, here's my twist to it. For a fluffier brownie, you add 1 more egg. After you bake them let them cool for about 15 minutes. Take the fudge frosting and coat the brownies in it. It makes it feel like a Brownie Cake. After the frosting, add the rest of the chocolate chips for even more of a chocolatey taste. You can leave them out, I've made them with the extra and without, its your choice. Make sure you have a tall glass of cold milk to drink with them because they are super yummy, and super chocolatey :) Enjoy!!!! If you like them, tell Karla, because I borrowed this from her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment