So I made this dinner a few weeks ago for a date, and the food was good, well what we could eat of it, but I learned a few things while cooking it. Like never broil salmon in a glass pan, because the pan will shatter if you do.
Its not like I intended to burst the glass pan, but the directions said only to heat the oven to 400, which I know glass can handle. So we were baking it or whatever, and my date was getting impatient, since it was taking a while for it to cook, and decided to turn the heat up to broil and let it set for another 5 minutes or so like that. As he went to take it out, the pan shattered in his hands. Thankfully neither one of us was hurt, but there was definitely glass all over the kitchen, and in the stove. Not fun to clean up. So we ended up eating what we were able to salvage from the pan, which wasn't a lot, rice pilaf and a salad. It was an experience, and definitely a dish that I will cook again, I've cooked stuffed chicken, and this was my first attempt at salmon, so I'd say it was a fail. LOL. I'll let you know when I cook it again, and how it comes out.
What you need:
2 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
Pinch salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1/2 (10 ounce) package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon prepared pesto
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts
Directions (best on a gas oven)
-Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
-Make a slit two-thirds of the way through the center of each salmon fillet making sure not to cut all the way through.
-Season each fillet with the salt and pepper.
-In a bowl, combine the spinach, pesto, tomatoes, and pine nuts.
-Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture into each slit.
-Arrange the fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
-Roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until the spinach mixture is heated through.
No comments:
Post a Comment